[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup and lirc? problem

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Fri May 18 15:24:33 UTC 2007

On 5/17/07, scott at tbwifi.ca <scott at tbwifi.ca> wrote:
> Does anyone else have some guidance on this issue?  If I compile myth
> without the lirc support things appear to work okay.  Surely there are
> other Mandriva 2007 64 bit installs out there with Myth .20?  I am at a
> standstill now.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do a 'ldd /usr/lib/libmythui-0.20.so' (or wherever your libmythui file
lives).  Check to see if its looking for liblirc_client.so.  If it is,
great.  Then check to see if your liblirc_client file exists and make
sure that it's named (or has a symlink) with the name that libmythui
is looking for.

If that doesn't help check to see what kind of output does ./configure
produces. Normally it will tell you if it was able to find the LIRC
libraries or not.  It looks like libmythui isn't linked properly to
the liblirc_client library.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com