[mythtv-users] serial interface oddities (was no output from mode2)

matt lutz myth.matt.lutz at gmail.com
Fri May 18 14:52:53 UTC 2007

sorry, I should have been a little more descriptive I guess.

The problem is that I don't get any output from the IR receiver until I plug
& unplug the serial interface a number of times.  Using mode2, I can see
when it starts working.  It looks kind of like a serial interface problem,
but if I load windows on the same box, it never has a problem.

I'm using fedora core 6, with kernel 2948. & lirc 8.2

I think I'm just going to buy a USB receiver and be done with it.  I don't
think the time it'll take to get working right is worth $30