[mythtv-users] Audio Sync problem -- need help

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:26:54 UTC 2007

On 5/18/07, Craig Huff <huffcs at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Tried to burn a DVD last night with re-encoding disabled after commenting
> out the "--fix-sync" option in the mythburn.py python script, but no joy.
>
> Barring any helpful hints from list members, my next attempt will be to do a
> burn with re-encoding to see if I can 1) get a DVD made, and 2) have no
> audio sync problems on the DVD copy.  I generally have success only when
> re-encoding is enabled.  So far, all the successful DVD burns have had audio
> sync issues, some more tolerable than others.
>
> Since the WTF prevents me from putting the MythTV system in the family room
> for connection to the tv, I have to sneakernet DVDs to the DVD player, so
> unless I can figure out how to make DVDs that don't have people talking and
> then engaging their mouths, MythTV isn't going to get any higher WTF score
> (and therefore any chance of displacing the [dying] DVD player).
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
>  Craig Huff

Have you tried any other DVD players?  If the DVD plays fine on Myth,
it's possible that your standalone DVD player is to blame.

Try the disc in a couple other players and see if you get the same
results.  I use MythArchive all the time to burn shows for friends,
and usually I have no problems.  The one time I did have an audio-sync
problem, it was the MPEG stream.  There was some sort of corruption in
the video, which causes the video to stop for about 2 seconds.  From
then on, the audio was out of sync by about 2 seconds.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com