[mythtv-users] Semi-OT: Any unencrypted QAM on Comcast in south King County, WA?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed May 16 23:58:40 UTC 2007

On May 16, 2007, at 4:35 PM, Cecil Watson wrote:
> This is not true.  I too live in an apartment and I have an antenna on
> my patio.  According to the FCC rules, you can have your own
> antenna as
> long as it isn't in a common area and it must be no larger than a
> certain size.  The aparmtment management folks wanted me to take mine
> down after I had it up for several months.  I printed the FCC
> regulation
>  and dropped it off at the office.  They have not said a thing
> since and
> it has been over 2 years.  Sorry I don't have a link to it handy.

Unfortunately that probably doesn't help me much.  The required
antenna would be rather large (if antennaweb.org is to be believed)
and I'm on the ground floor.  Since the area I live in is sort of
down in a hole to begin with I think I'd be wasting my money erecting
an antenna that would have to be less than eight feet in the air.  TV
signals are line-of-sight and I can't see very far from where I am. ;)