[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Core Solo as FE/BE Combo?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed May 16 18:09:09 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 13:31:53 Calin Brabandt wrote:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > For giggles, here's my xorg.conf for my mini,
> > pushing 1920x1080p to my HDTV via DVI
> > with the 2.0.0 intel driver under xorg 7.2.
>
> Do you notice any video tearing on HD material?

Nope, not a lick. However...

> I've
> built the Intel 2.0 drivers under FC6 and F7 and the
> tearing is my only complaint on my G965 mobo.
> (Well--full XvMC support for the X3000 decoder would
> be nice too!)

...there was another thread (I *think* on this list) recently that mentioned
there are some known tearing issues with G965 systems at the moment.

> Mythfrontend reports that DRM sync is being used and
> I've noticed that the refresh is in sync, but just in
> the wrong place.  (The tear is usually in the same
> place on the screen.)  Others on the list here have
> reported similar results.
>
> I suspect that Myth or DRM sync isn't working
> correctly.  An Intel driver dev said they are planning
> to provide sync in the driver, someday.
>
> And yeah--I always wondered why we had to put all that
> crap in an xorg.conf file. ;)

Indeed. Kudos to the X devs for lots of excellent work of late (I know our own
Adam Jackson has been working on this quite a bit).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com