[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Tue May 15 23:34:07 UTC 2007

This is a race to see where I get the answer first ;-)

I have seen several variations on this question and suspect it may be more
than one possible problem.

I recently upgraded from MythDora 3.2 to 4.0 with a reinstall. I did not
have this problem in 3.2.

While watching a baseball game, mostly all was OK, but while watching a
large thing in motion, like a man running, the white uniform would
"stretch" along the axis of motion blurring out like a cartoon character
leaving streaks behind him. The blur looked pixilated and "caught up" when
the guy stopped.

I have read several descriptions of things that may be the same thing.
Some were MythDora specific, some were not. The recommended fixes include:

- taking off interlacing (but where and how?)

- uninstalling video4linux (I only have the video4linux-devel package and
it claims dependencies, so I'm leaving it for now)

- doing some mojo with the nVidia card (nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4
MX 4000 AGP 8x] according to hwconf)

I know my way around Linux but am a real newbie on video stuff.

Does it help to know I have 2 PVR-150s and the CPU is a AMD Athlon(tm) XP
2000+ 1.66666?

TIA,

PS: The Padres won 7 - 1. I credit their speed on the base paths, which
was enough to cause streaking.

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer