[mythtv-users] Serial irblaster - how do I get lirc working

David Knudsen dk at dansken.dyndns.org
Tue May 15 18:58:58 UTC 2007

I want MythTV to change channels on the cable box.

I've been using MythTV on Debian for a long time now,
and recently switched (successfully) to a Hauppauge
PVR350 card.

I'm running the Debian/etch distribution with kernel
2.6.18 and MythTV 0.20 packages from Christian Marillat.

lirc is accepting commands from the Hauppauge remote,
and MythTV responds to them.  How do set lirc up to
control the cable box using a serial irblaster?

I bought the serial device off the net, and connected
it to COM1.  Surely another Debian user has been down
this road before -- I guess Ubuntu users have a very
similar environment, maybe even Knoppix users?

Please help?

Thank you in advance,
David Knudsen