[mythtv-users] TiVo Convert Experience - HDTV Video Card Recommendation

Jim Shank jim.shank at gmail.com
Tue May 15 17:47:12 UTC 2007

That did it, I am all upgraded. Channel scan isn't instant anymore *but*
it's not locking anything for me either.

When I run through setup as described in
http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2317, I get a bunch of
Timeout Scanning ATSC Channel XX -- No Tables or -- No Signal. The dialog
window shows a high signal strength too so it is seeing something. I thought
maybe it was an antenna problem but hdhomerun_config shows some pretty good
signal strength on a lot of channels.

[root at myth ~]# hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF scan 0
SCANNING: 55750000 (us-hrc:2)
LOCK: (ntsc) (ss=88 snq=0 seq=0)
SCANNING: 57000000 (us-bcast:2, us-cable:2, us-irc:2)
LOCK: (ntsc) (ss=73 snq=0 seq=0)
SCANNING: 61750000 (us-hrc:3)
LOCK: (ntsc) (ss=88 snq=0 seq=0)
SCANNING: 63000000 (us-bcast:3, us-cable:3, us-irc:3)
LOCK: none (ss=82 snq=0 seq=0)
SCANNING: 67750000 (us-hrc:4)
LOCK: none (ss=78 snq=0 seq=0)
SCANNING: 69000000 (us-bcast:4, us-cable:4, us-irc:4)
LOCK: (ntsc) (ss=86 snq=0 seq=0)
SCANNING: 73750000 (us-hrc:1)
LOCK: (ntsc) (ss=68 snq=0 seq=0)
SCANNING: 75000000 (us-cable:1, us-irc:1)
LOCK: (ntsc) (ss=86 snq=0 seq=0)
SCANNING: 79000000 (us-bcast:5, us-cable:5)
LOCK: (ntsc) (ss=85 snq=0 seq=0)
SCANNING: 79750000 (us-hrc:5)
LOCK: (ntsc) (ss=84 snq=0 seq=0)
SCANNING: 81000000 (us-irc:5)
LOCK: (ntsc) (ss=84 snq=0 seq=0)

A quick list search shows this error a few times with no answers except "do
it manually". Thanks for all of your help with this, I am so close now.