[mythtv-users] Dish receiver

Conrad Montlouis conrad.montlouis at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:51:51 UTC 2007

I understand that there is a HOWTO out there for Directv receivers and I am
not sure that it will work for me (unless told otherwise), but I am looking
for one for my dish receiver that only has a USB port on it (no serial).  My
questions:

   1. How can I control my dish receiver from Myth?
   2. (If it can be controlled) I have an Origen X11 box with IRtrans
   which can supposedly be used to send and receive IR signals; will that be
   enough to control the receiver?
   3. Can I use a usb to usb cable?

Any answers/help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.