[mythtv-users] 'database not open' problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 15 15:13:07 UTC 2007

On 05/15/2007 10:16 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On 5/14/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> On 05/14/2007 09:20 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
>>
>>> 2) When mythfrontend tries to connect from the remote machine
>>> lightning across the network to the backend it fails:
>>
>>> QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
>>> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
>>
>>>    I've read online that this is mainly due to the qt library not
>>> having mysql support compiled in. I'm on Gentoo and beleive I do have
>>> myswl support compiled in.
>>>
>> Not according to the error message above, "available drivers:" (with no
>> drivers listed).
>    I don't follow. OK, I see that there are no drivers listed. Do I
> need to recompile Myth again?

The list of drivers comes from the QT you're using (not from Myth).  So,
it seems that either QT3 is compiled without MySQL support or QT3 can't
load the QT MySQL lib (can't find it, broken lib, ...).

>    I also have 2 versions of qt installed in slots. Both report having
> mysql support.
>
> mark at lightning ~ $ eix -I x11-libs/qt
> [I] x11-libs/qt
>      Available versions:
>         (3)     3.3.4-r8 3.3.8-r2
>         (4)     4.2.3-r1 ~*4.3.0_beta1 ~4.3.0_rc1
>
>         {accessibility cups dbus debug doc examples firebird gif glib
> immqt immqt-bc input_devices_wacom ipv6 jpeg mng mysql nas nis odbc
> opengl pch png postgres qt3support sqlite sqlite3 ssl tiff xinerama
> zlib}
>
>      Installed versions:  3.3.8-r2(3)(09:05:22 PM 04/18/2007)(cups
> -debug -doc -examples -firebird gif -immqt -immqt-bc ipv6 mysql -nas
> -nis -odbc opengl -postgres -sqlite -xinerama)
>
>                           4.2.3-r1(4)(07:42:10 PM
> 05/14/2007)(-accessibility cups dbus -debug -doc -examples -firebird
> gif -glib -input_devices_wacom jpeg -mng mysql -nas -nis -odbc opengl
> -pch png -postgres qt3support -sqlite -sqlite3 -xinerama zlib)
>
>      Homepage:            http://www.trolltech.com/
> application development framework.
>
> mark at lightning ~ $
>
>    I guess I'll rebuild Myth again and see if that helps.

If QT3 is compiled with MySQL support, Myth should just work, and you
shouldn't need to recompile Myth.

Any chance that:

QTDIR=/path/to/qt3
export QTDIR

in the script/environment that starts myth apps (mythtv-setup,
mythbackend, mtd, mythfrontend) makes it work?  If so, in theory, you
can ensure it's always set like that since QT4 doesn't use QTDIR.

Mike