[mythtv-users] Menubars will not go away when TwinView is enabled

MythTV MythTV at assuredsolutions.com
Tue May 15 06:41:01 UTC 2007

I have a MSI AGP GeForce FX5200-TD128LF video board with DVI, VGA,
and s-video outputs.  The other afternoon, I worked on my xorg.conf
with get both DVI and s-video to work at the same time.  Some
cropping of the video image does occur in s-video but I accomplished
what I had set out to do.  In order to get DVI and s-video to work at
the same time, "TwinView" must be activated in the "Device" section.
My xorg.conf file is attached at the bottom of this email.

Unfortunately when I launched Myth, the menubar at the top and the
toolbar (is that what it's called?) at the bottom stays visible on
the screen.  When the menu-bar and toolbar are visible, it makes the
screen format look strange.  Cycling through the zoom and fill modes
doesn't really make much of a difference.  The menu-bar Auto Hide
function doesn't help either.

I've read about using RatPoison as a window manager but I really
don't want to go down that path as I am not guaranteed good
resolution with that window manager either.  I am also too lazy, as a
noob, to spend another couple of days learning to download and
install a new window manager.

Is there a command somewhere that tells Myth to hide the menu-bar?
Does anyone know how to get the menu-bar and toolbar to hide when
"TwinView" is on and MythTV is launched?

Rob
My configuration is:
MythTV version: 0.20.20060828-3.
Installed in December 2006 on Fedora Core 6 following Jerod's guide.
Kernel version: 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6.i686
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2GHz Socket 775 800 FSB w/Hyper Threading
Technology
Memory: 1Gig DDR 333 Memory 180 Pin
Motherboard: ASRock 775i65G Mother Board
Optical Drive: LG 18X DVD RW + Dual Layer
Hard Drive: 2 Western Digital 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA in a
LVD 450 Gig volume
Video onboard: Integrated SiS Ultra256 2D/3D Graphics
Video card: Micro-star International (MSI) AGP GeForce FX5200-
TD128LF, 8X, 128M, DDR1, D-Sub, DVI-D, TV-out
Audio onboard: AUDIO ADI AD1888 6-channel audio CODEC
Audio card: Riviera C-Media CMI 8738 (Connected to my entertainment
center via the optical cable)
Network Card: Onboard 10/100 Network Card
Tuner card: pcHDTV HD-5500
# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "single head configuration"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
	RgbPath      "/usr/share/X11/rgb"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
	FontPath     "built-ins"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "v4l"
	Load  "dri"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "xtrap"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "fbdevhw"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "type1"
	Load  "vnc"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "auto"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Projector"
	VendorName   "Optima"
	ModelName    "Optima EP1690"
### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
	VertRefresh  60.0 - 60.0
	Option	    "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"

         ### Available Driver options are:-
         ### [arg]: arg optional
         #Option     "SWcursor"           	# [<bool>]
         #Option     "HWcursor"           	# [<bool>]
         #Option     "NoAccel"            	# [<bool>]
         #Option     "ShadowFB"           	# [<bool>]
         #Option     "UseFBDev"           	# [<bool>]
         #Option     "Rotate"             	# [<str>]
         #Option     "VideoKey"           	# <i>
         #Option     "FlatPanel" "true"         	# [<bool>]
         #Option     "FPDither"           	# [<bool>]
         #Option     "CrtcNumber"         	# <i>
         #Option     "FPScale"            	# [<bool>]
         #Option     "FPTweak"            	# <i>
         #Option      "TwinView"
         Option      "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
         Option      "MetaModes" "1280x720,1024x768"
         Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP,TV"
         Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
         Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
         Option      "TVOverScan" "0"