[mythtv-users] MythVideo questions

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Tue May 15 03:42:12 UTC 2007

> Thanks for the response. I more meant how to autopopulate the database? Is
> it just a simple list of all files in the video folder and a smart insert
> into the database?

The work on find_meta.py in svn trunk will eventually do this. Note however
that there is little functional difference between "automatic" and browse
mode + use DB metadata. With "browse + DB" you can scan and update when you
want or get the same default you would with just a video manager scan.

> And since #2 is not available I can make the request for it as a feature I
> guess.

Sure, feel free to add it to the feature request wiki. Also note that unless
someone else implements stuff on the MythVideo request wiki... well it will
be some longish measurement of time before anything there is worked on.

--
Anduin Withers