[mythtv-users] Problem with thumbnails in Watch Recordings

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 20:52:41 UTC 2007

The recent thread on thumbnails reminds me of an issue I've always had
with them since I started in 0.19.

When browsing through recordings in the Watch Recordings screen the
first time I move to a recording the thumbnail in just black.  I
assume that means it doesn't exist yet so at that point it is
generated.  If I then move off that recording, go to another, then
come back I then see the thumbnail.  This is rather annoying.  Am I
missing a setting somewhere that would make this work a little better?

I imagine the correct behavior would be to "refresh" the page after
the preview image was available but that doesn't seem to happen.
Another possibility would be to generate the image at some other time
automatically (before it is needed).

Anyway I must have something wrong because I've never heard anyone
else complaining about this... an archive search didn't turn up
anything...

I have a master backend, frontend/slave backend, and a standalone
frontend.  The frontend/slave backend is the frontend and where I see
the issue, but I believe both frontend suffer from this.

Any suggestions?