[mythtv-users] Jerky panning all cards and resolutions. Thoughts on where to look?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Mon May 14 20:32:32 UTC 2007

Hi Listland,

Since day one I have noticed that panning scenes have a distinct
"gallop". This is independent of video mode, resolution, signal source,
real time setting or rendering method. On about a 1/2 to 1 second cycle
the pan will speed up and slow down in a repeating pattern. Nothing I
have tried has fixed the problem. I dont think this is related to cpu
usage as it happens even when playing SD which results in an average
usage of about 12%. HD playback is 50-55% usage. The box is a dedicated
myth system with a 2.8GHz AthlonXP mobile with plenty of memory. Signal
sources are 2 pvr-250's and a HDHR. Video card is a NVidia FX5200 using
the standard VGA output to drive my HD monitor. This has happened since
myth 0.19 and is present in 0.20, 0.20.1 and SVN so I doubt its myth
itself. Any suggestions on what else to check?

Bill