[mythtv-users] Lirc, atrpms and imon pad - solved?

Matt Stone stone.matthew at gmail.com
Mon May 14 18:47:42 UTC 2007

Hi folks, i noticed from the wiki entry that some people may be having
problems with atrpms lirc and the imon pad remote.

I'm not sure but i think i might have solved it so if anyone can verify
this i'll gladly update the wiki page with a fix.

The problem lies in the lircd.conf as the pad can generate a number of
different codes depending on pressure and direction pushed (north-east
instead of north etc) to check what codes are being generated shut down
the lirc service and then as root in a terminal enter mode2 followed by
return. You can then start moving your pad around the to see if it
produces codes. Luckily mine did so all i did was hit the direction i
wanted a few times and then entered in the lircd.conf whichever code
appeared most often, it's hardly scientific but it works for me and I
now have a working imon pad :)

Up until i fixed it i also had problems getting the mydvd and menu
buttons on the pad to work and, again, the codes in the lircd.conf were
incorrect so this may be something that other users have noticed.

Anyway, i hope that helps some of you getting your pads working and if
it does let me know and i'll update the wiki.

Cheers
Matt

PS: If anyone just wants to try modifying their lircd.conf, here's the
codes in mine.

Purple                    0x29A395B7 # MyDVD
Menu                     0x2BA3D5B7
Mouse_N              0x6902F9B7
Mouse_S               0x6882C1B7
Mouse_W              0x6AFA81B7