[mythtv-users] MythTV as a DVD player

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Mon May 14 13:16:27 UTC 2007

> I had to change the default DVD player from mplayer to xine, to get
> working DVD menus, but I believe that the default now is to use the
> internal mythtv DVD player, which supports DVD menus ??

You can now use Internal as the player.  It supports menus perfectly,
uses the same OSD theme that you use during TV playback and all of the
buttons are mapped the same as with TV functions.

It also may be worth noting that most Linux distribution do not
support commercial dvd playback.  If you don't live in the US, you can
install some software to do just that.

-Bill