[mythtv-users] The PNG Thumbnail generated by Default: Is it used for anything?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon May 14 01:08:20 UTC 2007

On May 13, 2007, at 4:57 PM, Douglas Wagner wrote:

> All:
>
>      So i'm trying to clean up my installation a bit and of course
> have come across all the PNG thumbnails that are generated (not
> sure if it's by Myth or my capture card [pcHDTV3000])
>
> Anyway, are those thumbnails good for anything?  Do things not work
> if you don't have them?

Myth creates them. There's a setting in the frontend to create them
so you can see a still preview in the Watch Recordings screen. If you
set it to display video instead of a still, you don't need them.
Also, MythWeb uses these (and will create them if they don't exist)
on the Recorded Programs page. It won't hurt if you delete them, but
they will come back if you don't turn off the setting or you hit that
page in MythWeb.