[mythtv-users] Nvidia 6150 onboard video

Elanor jamina1 at gmail.com
Sun May 13 15:24:32 UTC 2007

I'm trying to find hardware to build an HTPC which I plan on using as a
combined Myth Frontend/Backend that will live in my living room. I've
been looking at motherboards and was under the impression that most
onboard video chipsets *didn't* behave with linux so I've been avoiding
them. Last night, I came across this board:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186086

I read somewhere that Myth doesn't work with PCIe video cards (for
tv-out) so I've been looking for AGP + PCI motherboards. This one,
however has tv-out with the onboard video.

A quick google search for "foxconn 6150 mythtv" revealed some posts from
2005 saying that the drivers aren't currently supported in linux. I also
found some posts from this forum in early 2007 that say its ok to use it
possibly. I'm confused.

Is this still the case? I will be using Ubuntu Feisty and Mythtv.