[mythtv-users] transcoding hdtv video to mpeg4 Keeping ac3 5.1

James Blake jblake20 at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 01:04:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am trying to transcode my 1080i hdtv content to
mpeg4, it compresses great: Here are the transcode
settings that I am using:
_ lossless transcoding
x Resize video while transcoding
Width: 960 Height: 544
Codec Mpeg-4
bitrate: 2400, max qual: 2 min qual: 15, max qual b/t
frames: 3
_ scale bitrate for framesize
x enable high-quality encoding
x enable 4mv encoding
x enable interlaced DCT encoding
x enable interlaced motion estimator
Code: Uncompressed
sampling rate: 48000
volume 90%

but when trying to playback the ac3 audio appears to
be missing.

when playing with mplayer, forcing ac3 audio, I get
this:
Forced audio codec: hwac3
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x1.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!
Audio: no sound
Starting playback.

Before, transcode, it definitely had the ac3 sound..

Is there a way to keep the ac3 audio track????

I have tried it a couple ways, but it appears to lose
it no matter what. I need to have my 5.1 surround
sound.

Thanks in advance!!!!!
Jamie

____________________________________________________________________________________Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.