[mythtv-users] Determining the correct "HorizSync" value forxorg.conf?

Denis Papathanasiou denis.papathanasiou at gmail.com
Sat May 12 13:53:39 UTC 2007

> You ask me before where I knew what to set some stuff to, and I think I got
> it from here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XorgConfMonitorSectionForTV

Thanks, I've bookmarked it.

Interestingly, it was those "generic" vertical and horizontal settings
which worked for me, too (apparently all NTSC CRT sets are in the same
range), so all those "(vrefresh range)" errors I saw in Xorg.0.log
were some kind of red herring, probably the result of using the wrong
driver.

(BTW, I still find it odd that using an ATI card, driver "ati" is the
wrong xorg.conf setting!  Still, I'm not complaining).