[mythtv-users] Guides to calculating HorizSync and VertRefresh for xorg.conf? Update: SOLVED!

Denis Papathanasiou denis.papathanasiou at gmail.com
Sat May 12 13:48:59 UTC 2007

> Congrats!  I have a question for you now, how do you set the pre-log in
> resolution that you kept saying was ok before it all well screwy?  I can't
> figure that part out from my end.

Well, I'm not an expert in hardware -- that should be obvious, if
you've followed my posts on this list ;) -- but I'm not sure those
settings can be changed.

Before the X server starts, the text messages from the Linux boot
sequence on the TV screen appear to be just a function of the video
card's output.

So changing that resolution, i.e. the resolution of the pre-X server
output, seems to depend on the video card's hardware configuration
(and there may be firmware which can be applied to let you do that).

Then again, that's just a guess, and so if anyone on this list knows
otherwise, please reply and let us know.