[mythtv-users] Smart playlists

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Sat May 12 13:36:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

in the mailing list archive I found the following recipe to create
smart playlists:

2. You could create a 'Smart Playlist' that will dynamically create
playlists
for you based on the criteria you select. You would have to create one
for each genre you wanted to select.

a) From the playback screen press Menu. Select "Smart Playlists"
b) Click on "New"
c) select one of the existing categories or add a new one by clicking
  the small button next to the Category combo, enter a new category name
e.g. "By Genre" then click "New Category"
d) In the "Title" edit box enter a title e.g. "Hard Rock"
e) Move to the first criteria row and select "Genre" in the first combo
f) leave the operator set to "is equal to"
g) in the edit box on the same row enter a genre. Easiest way is to
click on the little button next to the edit box and select one from
the list.
h) if you want you can change the order of the result in the "order
by" combo.
i) click "Save".
j) click "Select"

This works for me as described. However, I have two questions:

1. This does not work if I try to specify the song-selection using
multiple criteria. I.e., if I create a smart playlist for one artist
Au1 and another playlist for Au2 that works. I I try to creat a
playlist with all songs of Au1 and Au2 this does not work (yes, I
have set the selection to "One" ("Einer" in German) and also tried
the other item in that combobox). I always get a "0" songs matching
result...
Is this supposed to work? How can I get it working?

2. How can I save such smart playlists in the normal playlist tree?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Greetings,
Jochen
--