[mythtv-users] Why is DVD burning failing with ffmpeg?

Michael Williams gberz3 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 04:24:49 UTC 2007

I'm running version SVN-r8993.  As for the command, it is huge:

ffmpeg -y -f s16le -ar 48000 -ac 2 -i /tmp/work/1/audout -f rawvideo -
pix_fmt yuv420p -s 480x480 -aspect 1.33333 -r 0.0333667 -i /tmp/work/
1/vidout -aspect 1.33333 -r 0.0333667 -s 720x480 -b 4771k -vcodec
mpeg2video -qmin 5 -ab 192 -ar 48000 -acodec ac3 -f dvd "/tmp/work/1/
newfile2.mpg"

. . .so far as I can see, the latest version(s) of ffmpeg don't have
an "-ar" option, so I removed that and tried again.  It still
failed.  In fact, I tried removing, one-by-one different combinations
of options, and nothing ever changed;  which leads me to believe that
perhaps something is happening earlier in the chain and the output
isn't sufficient to inform me as to what is actually occurring.  For
instance, perhaps mencoder hiccups and produces 0k sized files or
something, and ffmpeg simply hiccups and returns a nonsensical
error.  In fact the only information I get is that ffmpeg had an exit
code of "256".  I'm not even sure what that means.