[mythtv-users] I'd like to record 5 minutes before and after show, but would like to avoid non recording conflict on consecutive shows

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat May 12 01:02:10 UTC 2007

On 12/05/07, Robert Rozman <robert.rozman at comutel.si> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Slovenian TV stations hardly keep exact start and end times of shows, so I
> have setting to record 10 extra mins before and after nominal show time. But
> if I set such margin, then consecutive shows on same channel conflict and
> second one won't be recorded.
>
> Can I somehow apply pre and post extra recording rule only when shows are
> not consecutive. In this case I'd still like to disobey rule and record both
> shows.

You could use the global pre/post roll durations for this purpose -
even though this is not what it was intended for. You configure an
amount of time to start recording before the program starts, and
another amount of time to record after the show has finished
(according to the listings). This is in addition to the per-rule start
early/finish late settings.

The scheduler *does not* take into account the global pre-post roll
settings when scheduliing, so consecutive shows on the same channel
can record. However, consecutive recordings on different channels may
results in missing the end/beginning of the previous/next recording.
The only solution to this at the moment is to acquire another tuner.

You seem to be setting record overtime on a per-rule basis, which the
scheduler *does* take into account, and is why consecutive recordings
conflict.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: