[mythtv-users] Control number of recording streams per Storage Group filesystem?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri May 11 16:49:41 UTC 2007

As a 0.20-fixes user I look forward to using Storage Groups and its
native support for multiple recording directories. (In the meanwhile I
use Lincoln Dale's patch at
<URL:http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1744>.)

However, prior experience has shown me that a certain RAID NAS I'd
want to use can't handle more than one simultaneous HD recording
stream. I currently have three HD-capable recording-stream sources,
and in normal usage I know that the Storage Groups functionality would
balance things by allocate one stream to each of my three filesystems
(the NAS I'm asking about plus the two other RAID arrays my MythTV
system currently uses). However, I'm going to be installing a
HDHomeRun in the next week or so, resulting in four or five HD-capable
stream sources. That means it's possible two or three streams could be
sent to the NAS at once, so I'd want to put a a hard limit of no more
than one stream to that (and only that) filesystem.

None of the various weightings at
<URL:http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Storage_Groups_Weighting>
appears sufficient to do what I'd want to do. Is that correct? If so,
any near-term hopes of adding such functionality?