[mythtv-users] mythbackend exits with "HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_STATE) Unknown encoder 1"

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri May 11 03:07:40 UTC 2007

On 08/05/07, Mitko Haralanov <voidtrance at comcast.net> wrote:
> My mythbackend keeps "exiting" with the above error!!
>
> I have found several references to this error string, one of which is a
> bug that was close with 0.21. I also found, at least, one person
> asking this question on the mailing list but there was no reply.
>
> Since 0.21 is not released yet, is there anything that I can do to stop
> that from happening?
>
> My system has 3 PVR-250s and 1 pcHDTV3000 which is not being used due
> to another problem that I am trying to fix
> (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/268077).

This could well be a case of an older version of MythTV trying and
failing to control a newer version of ivtv. Please details the exact
versions of MythTV, ivtv and your kernel.

In recent kernels and ivtv drivers (ivtv is finally entering the
mainline kernel), the old control utility ivtvctl has been integrated
into v4l2ctl - new SVN versions of MythTV should have no problems
using this, but perhaps you are out-of-sync between your version of
MythTV and your kernel/ivtv versions?

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: