[mythtv-users] Runnig Mythfilldatabase deletes DataDirect lineup???.

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Fri May 11 02:45:48 UTC 2007

R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 05/08/2007 11:15 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>>
>>> A weird problem has arisen. I have 2 lineups at labs.zap2it.com, one for
>>> analog cable and one digital.
>>> Whenever mythfilldatabase runs automatically, the analog cable lineup
>>> gets cleared (except for 3 channels which are also in the digital lineup
>>>   at different channels, but which zap2it describes with the same xmltvid).
>>>

>> You've got a broken video sources configuration.  My recommendation is
>> to use Delete all video sources.
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>>
>> mythfilldatabase automatically removes from your DataDirect lineup any
>> channels that are not being used so that you don't waste DataDirect
>> processing/bandwidth.  My guess is that you've got a video source you
>> don't know about that's not connected to anything (and therefore has no
>> channels) or you've specified DataDirect as the grabber type for a video
>> source that should be set to "No grabber" or "EIT only".
>>

> If the video source setup is broken it is well hidden!
>
> I have a PVR500 and an HDHomeRun. I did the 'delete all and recreate'
> thing not too long ago, when I took the HD3000 card out of the box. Same
> 2 video sources since forever...connected to the same pair of PVR tuners
> and now the HDHR...
>
> I have a backup copy of the mythconverg database here.  When I open it
> with myth, I cannot see anything in it which would lead me to think
> there was a phantom source.  In particular, not in Video Sources or
> Input Connections.
>
> However, I now notice that the card numbering for the PVR and HDHR are
> NOT 1,2,3,4, but 2,3,4,5.....So I probably selected 'delete all on this
> computer', and not 'delete all cards'...
>
> Silly me....Failure of the nut holding the wheel. I will do that again,
> properly, and check after doing so, that the database has been
> thoroughly cleansed...
>
> Interesting that mfdb run directly does not do the same thing? So mfdb
> run automatically adds command line switches invisibly?...Such as
> --remove-new-channels..I thought that we were supposed to do that within
> Setup.

Another thing that can cause this problem is having the pvr and hdhr use
the same lineup. The hdhr having only a small subset will delete the
"unused" channels from lineup. What I ended up doing was creating
another zap2it user and a duplicate lineup setup which keeps them from
interfering with each other.

Bill