[mythtv-users] Script to get XMLTV IDs

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Fri May 11 01:57:49 UTC 2007

So, I was trying to do some research and planning for my HDTV channel
setup once I got past the "can scan channels with 2.6.20" bug.

All the research that I did talked about getting the XMLTV ID from HTML
source or URLs and I did not like that idea one bit. So, I wrote a
quick script to retrieve the XMLTV IDs from Zap2It's website.

I am sending it to the list, just in case any other users might find it
useful.

The script is written in Python and it does rely on the ClientCookie
module by John J. Lee (http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/ClientCookie)
but you don't have to do a full install of the module for it to work.
Just unpack the tarball and copy the ClientCookie directory to the
place where you have the script.

I've tested the script with several lineups from several different
areas and it seems to work but by no means did I do exhaustive testing.

I hope you find it helpful.

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net