[mythtv-users] Determining the correct "HorizSync" value for xorg.conf?

Denis Papathanasiou denis.papathanasiou at gmail.com
Fri May 11 00:53:03 UTC 2007

> I don't have that TV but here is what I use for my Sony CRT:
>
> Section "Monitor"
>         Identifier   "Monitor0"
>         VendorName   "Sony"
>         ModelName    "TV-0"
>         DisplaySize  640        480
>         HorizSync    31.0 - 60.0
>         VertRefresh  55.0 - 75.0
>         Option      "dpms"
> EndSection

Hi, and many thanks for the quick reply.

When I tried those settings, I got a different series of errors in
/var/log/X.0.log: now it said "(vrefresh out of range)".

My old setting (before I saw your email) for "VertRefresh" was just 60.

So when I saw "(vrefresh out of range)" in the log, I thought this
combination (your HorizSync setting plus my old VertRefresh) would
work:

         HorizSync    31.0 - 60.0
         VertRefresh  60.0

Unfortunately, it didn't, and I still see those "(vrefresh out of
range)" errors.

So it's progress: the HorizSync value looks right (no more of those
errors in the log), now I just need to figure out what the VertRefresh
ought to be.

BTW, how did you get those numbers for your TV?  Were they in your manual?