[mythtv-users] Remote FE problem

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Thu May 10 22:08:19 UTC 2007

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> Haven't tried the latest ATI driver, but the prior one worked okay on my
>> wife's iMac. Well, at least for HDTV, dunno if I tried SDTV... But I'd
>> certainly point the finger at fglrx doing something dumb, as usual, since the
>> recordings are fine on other systems. I'd check /var/log/Xorg.0.log for
>> anything that looks out of whack, and try 'mythfrontend -v playback' from a
>> console (possibly redirecting output to a log file) to see if anything
>> interesting there too.
>
> I will try that.

Here is the stderr from that attempt:

> mythtv: could not connect to socket
> mythtv: No such file or directory
> lirc_init failed for mythtv, see preceding messages
> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
>   Major opcode:  140
>   Minor opcode:  14
>   Resource id:  0x205

Great error messages.  *what* socket could not be opened?  And *what*
file or directory could not be found?  In any event, if they are lirc
related, I'm not using lirc on my laptop.

And I've attached the stdout messages.  I saw the "Attempting to change
from None to WatchingPreRecorded", "Changing from None to
WatchingPreRecorded" and then the "Attempting to change from
WatchingPreRecorded to None" and "Changing from WatchingPreRecorded to
None" at the end.  I saw the audio behind video messages.  The only
thing I noticed that was strange in between was a reference to
/dev/nvidia0, which doesn't make any sense to me as the laptop is ATI
based.  And the nVidia stuff would be BE related, not FE related.

Perhaps a more trained eye can see what else I missed....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net