[mythtv-users] Runnig Mythfilldatabase deletes DataDirect lineup???.

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu May 10 21:48:11 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/08/2007 11:15 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> A weird problem has arisen. I have 2 lineups at labs.zap2it.com, one for
>> analog cable and one digital.
>> Whenever mythfilldatabase runs automatically, the analog cable lineup
>> gets cleared (except for 3 channels which are also in the digital lineup
>>   at different channels, but which zap2it describes with the same xmltvid).
>>

> You've got a broken video sources configuration.  My recommendation is
> to use Delete all video sources.
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>
> mythfilldatabase automatically removes from your DataDirect lineup any
> channels that are not being used so that you don't waste DataDirect
> processing/bandwidth.  My guess is that you've got a video source you
> don't know about that's not connected to anything (and therefore has no
> channels) or you've specified DataDirect as the grabber type for a video
> source that should be set to "No grabber" or "EIT only".

If the video source setup is broken it is well hidden!

I have a PVR500 and an HDHomeRun. I did the 'delete all and recreate'
thing not too long ago, when I took the HD3000 card out of the box. Same
2 video sources since forever...connected to the same pair of PVR tuners
and now the HDHR...

I have a backup copy of the mythconverg database here.  When I open it
with myth, I cannot see anything in it which would lead me to think
there was a phantom source.  In particular, not in Video Sources or
Input Connections.

However, I now notice that the card numbering for the PVR and HDHR are
NOT 1,2,3,4, but 2,3,4,5.....So I probably selected 'delete all on this
computer', and not 'delete all cards'...

Silly me....Failure of the nut holding the wheel. I will do that again,
properly, and check after doing so, that the database has been
thoroughly cleansed...

Interesting that mfdb run directly does not do the same thing? So mfdb
run automatically adds command line switches invisibly?...Such as
--remove-new-channels..I thought that we were supposed to do that within
Setup.

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury