[mythtv-users] USA to Europe

Patrick Wagstrom patrick at wagstrom.net
Thu May 10 13:53:55 UTC 2007

Kevin Wentland wrote:
> Just a hypothetical question.
>
> Say a person had a home in the USA and a Home in Europe.  Lets also say
> that said person has a Myth box setup in the USA.
>
> What would be the best solution for said person to to watch his Myth
> recorded programs in Europe?

> 1. MythTV and Slingbox joined together?
> 2. MythTV with MythStreamTV?
> 3.Other?

Set up a job to transcode the shows to lower quality and then do a
custom job to periodically FTP the shows over to Europe.  One of my
friends from Japan did a similar setup.  He had a MythTV box in a
friends how in Japan connected to FTTH.  It would record shows,
transcode them down, then FTP them to his XBox here in the US where he
could watch the shows.  Worked like a charm.  Hurray for the real
Japaneese version of Ninja Warrior.

--Patrick