[mythtv-users] MYSQL not starting...

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Thu May 10 01:19:18 UTC 2007

"Make sure that the directory /var/log/mysql exists and is writable by the user
running the mysql database (typically use mysql).  Make also sure this user
can write in the logfile /var/log/mysql/mysql.log if there is already such a
file."

This is all good. The owner is mysql on all of the above. I've
commented out the setionin the cnf for using the mysql.log since it's
using binary.

"To be sure, you can login as the mysql user (su -c <mysql user> as root will
do the trick) and try to write to the logfile file with
echo test >> /var/log/mysql/mysql.log"

This gave me problems, I was not able to login as mysql, I don't know
the password????

AJM,