[mythtv-users] New MythDora 4.0

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed May 9 18:09:08 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 09 May 2007 13:43:20 Kevin Slater wrote:
> On 5/9/07, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> > Already have even more improvements in mind for mythdora 5, but that's
> > still a ways out... ;)
>
> Dennis / Jarod:
>
> I'm sure you guys have done great work on MythDora 4.0. At some point I'm
> going to have to consider upgrading my MythDora 2.32 boxes to something
> newer. I saw some mention by Axel and others of a MythDora release based on
> Centos. Would this be version 5?

There has been talk about doing an EL5-based version, but nothing yet. The
plan for mythdora 5 is a Fedora 7 base. An EL5-based version would probably
be named something slightly different, if/when it materializes. There's a bit
more work involved in doing an EL5 version, since some of the 3rd-party repos
we pull from don't build for EL5 (not everything comes from just Fedora or
ATrpms).

> As you can tell from my current systems, I don't upgrade often; mostly
> because I find MythTV and your packaging of it rock solid. (Or close enough
> to fool my family most of the time.)

:)

--
Jarod Wilson