[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Core Solo as FE/BE Combo?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed May 9 16:03:11 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 09 May 2007 11:49:49 Remco Treffkorn wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 May 2007, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>
> > /me wonders why people keep using the crappy old i810 driver instead of
> > the new hotness intel driver... :)
> >
> > The xorg.conf file for my mini is about as bare-bones as is possible, and
> > Just Works at 1920x1080p w/the intel driver, and produces flawless
> > playback of all content now. (last niggle was that I needed to enable
> > extra audio buffering to make stuff off Fox play back smoothly).
>
> Drool!
>
> Where to get this magic Intel driver? Is there any decent documentation on
> how to install it? Might there even be an RPM ?

$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
xorg-x11-drv-i810-2.0.0-2.fc7

In other words, its part of the xorg-x11-drv-i810 RPM in Fedora 7. An earlier
version is also shipped in the xorg-x11-drv-i810 packages for RHEL5 and
Fedora Core 6. Can't say for sure if its shipped or not in any other distro.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com