[mythtv-users] Problems with multiple pvr cards

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed May 9 15:36:01 UTC 2007

Brian Walter wrote:
> Well, I think I have isolated it to something in the disk subsystem.  I
> upped the default write buffer in libmythtv, and, lo and behold, the
> error now only occurs once every 30 minutes...

Is your backend also running mysql? If so, and the errors are occurring
on the half hour, it's likely the scheduling queries that are causing
the error. I have 2 PVR-250's, 1 PVR-150, and an HDHR with one HD and
one QAM/SD tuner setup, and I can record from all 5 at once with only
very occasionally getting a buffer problem (which does not take down the
whole box, btw), but I have the database on another machine, and I am
running a RAID5 disk, so it can be done.

Tom