[mythtv-users] Centos5 DVB Support

Jarod Wilson lists at wilsonet.com
Wed May 9 02:56:38 UTC 2007

On May 08, 2007, at 22:36, jt wrote:

> Words on Centos5 dvb kernel mods?
> ATRPMS ??? Axel????

Hrm... I thought he'd already built 'em, but now I don't see 'em...

> I built a custom kernel on Centos 4.4 to get my PCHD 3000 working, but
> it was still a pain in the butt to get it running.
> On 4.4 manually loading kernel modules did not put them in /dev/
> dvb, in
> put them in dev which made it a huge pain to setup MythTV.
> Hoping this "might" be different in Centos5.

It is. EL5 is extremely similar to FC6. The FC6 and EL5 trees were
one in the same for quite some time during the development of both of
them. Things should Just Work about the same, once there are add-on
dvb kernel modules available.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com