[mythtv-users] New MythDora 4.0

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue May 8 19:59:13 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 08 May 2007 12:29:46 Lan Barnes wrote:
> Dennis,
>
> Thanks for posting this.
>
> Would you recommend a complete reinstall, or can my MySQL data base be
> brought forward?

It *should* be possible to bring the db and recordings along for the ride, but
I'm not sure how smooth an actual upgrade of the OS portions would go. Going
forward, mythdora 4 to mythdora 5 updates ought to work, but no guarantees on
3.x to 4. If possible, I'd install the OS portion clean, leaving the database
and recordings intact.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com