[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HVR3000, PVR350 & Ubuntu 7.04

Thomas Kessler electronikjunkie at gmail.com
Tue May 8 12:39:18 UTC 2007

On 5/8/07, Adrian Skehill <adrian.skehill at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I thought this would be reasonably obvious but I'm not having any luck
> googling on this topic. I recently upgraded my super reliable myth box to
> 7.04,(AMD 3200, 64bit) and hoped to add the Hauppague 3000 to the box
> which already was running a 350. However, it's then the trouble began, and
> now I can't used either card, so I'm hoping somebody here as some advice!
>
> The 350 worked for a bit with ivtv 0.10.1 which comes with Ubuntu, however
> after about 15 mins, the IRQ (11 in this case) gets disabled, and the card
> eventually gets shutdown. I read from here and on ivtv-devel that there are
> problems with ivtv and interrupts, but that was for clock skew. Has anybody
> got this working?
>
> Secondly, the 3000 (even when just in the box on its own) cannot give me
> any analouge TV. When I go to cat /dev/video0 I get Input / Output error.
> It's an cx88 based chipset, and there's no obvious errors in the syslog.
>
> Hopefully I'm missing something really obvious here, any help you have to
> offer is much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Adrian.

I run a PVR350 and a pcHDTV HD-5500. The HD-5500 uses the cx8800 driver for
NTSC capture. I've never been totally successful getting both NTSC/ATSC on
the HD-5500 while having the PVR-350 installed at the same time. However I
am able to use the ATSC side of my HD-5000 and the PVR350 at the same time
in MythTV. I have to make sure that the ivtv drivers get loaded first and
then I load the cx88-dvb driver.

To do this I blacklisted these drivers:
cx88-blackbird
cx8800
cx88-dvb

Then I put this in /etc/modules:
cx88-dvb

If I load the cx8800 driver I can get the NTSC side of my HD-5500 working
with TVTime, just not in MythTV. Also I had to manually make a
channels.conffile to import into MythTV for ATSC on my HD-5500.
Scanning doesn't work for
me in MythTV.

TK