[mythtv-users] Diagonal "waves" on tv display

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue May 8 10:29:32 UTC 2007

On 08/05/07, Jonathan Guthrie <bikerbob at gmail.com> wrote:
> When displayed on CRT monitor or on a different machine's frontend
> LCD, the "waves" aren't there, so I am assuming it's not on input,
> but on output from the display card to the TV. It's going out via the
> svideo tv out on the nvidia card, with a svdideo->composite adaptor.
> This is not shielded.

That could well be the source of the interference. It could be a video
timing issue - however in my own experience normal TV-Out usually
works well, but using low quality cables and adaptors can and has
resulted in poor quality video, especially when watching on a larger

Is your TV-Out configured for PAL output?

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: