[mythtv-users] Updating mythtv with atrpms without updating kernel and kmdls

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon May 7 21:29:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 12:41:52PM -0700, Michael Rice wrote:
> Once I have all the hardware working (after upgrading or after setting up a
> new box) I want to leave it alone... so I don't don't want to update
> kernels or kernel modules.  But occasionally I'd like to update mythtv to
> get fixes from the fixes branch.  In fact I wouldn't mind updating any user
> space software.  But "yum update" seems to want to upgrade everything.

The easiest thing is to let yum update the kernel, but keep booting in
the old one. Just make sure the installonly plugin to yum is turned
off (e.g. if your kernel get's succeeded by n other kernels yum would
remove your working, but old kernel).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net