[mythtv-users] "FItSs" when starting a prgm w/ Digital Audio Track(Feisty Fawn Upgrade)

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Mon May 7 20:18:06 UTC 2007

Here is the reply I received from the ALSA mailing list.  Don't know what to
do with it but its another data point.

You're probably hearing Dolby Digital data being played as though it
were raw PCM data.  This can happen if the wrong control bytes are set
on the IEC958 interface, or if part of the AC3 stream that tells the
decoder what kind of stream it is receiving is never sent.  I'm not
sure what else can cause the problem; I have the same problem
sometimes after seeking in xine, with an emu10k1.  Since it looks like
you are using dmix as well, dmix might be interfering with the
transition from PCM to AC3.