[mythtv-users] FM Radio on Myth Solved

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon May 7 04:22:43 UTC 2007

> All,
>
> After following the suggestions of the mailing list I followed the myth
> wiki
> article on integrating sirius radio into myth and changed things around to
> get my PVR-150 card's FM tuner to play through myth.  Please see
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Fm_radio for details.  This is a
> pretty
> crude hach and hopefully soneone out there can make it even better.
>
> Tom Weichmann

NOTE:

This only works on a combined backend/frontend or if you have a spare
PVR150 in your frontend.

Just off the top of my head (not tried this at all) I wonder if there is a
way to use the 'svideo 2' input of the pvr150 and another channel change
script that actually fires off the radio stuff (in conjunction with
LiveTV) - that way the backend would know the card was in use and a bunch
of channels could maybe defined in the normal way and the channel number
(freq_id) would get passed to the channel change script and used to tune
the FM radio. You select the station in LiveTV mode and the script
overrides what the backend has just sent to the card to get it in the
right mode - maybe a wrapper to redirect the /dev/radio0 to /dev/video16
or whatever it is).

I think I'll play with this idea tonight - unless I can work out how to
write another 'recorder' type!

--
Robin Gilks