[mythtv-users] Xorg: TV Screen Resolution?

Denis Papathanasiou denis.papathanasiou at gmail.com
Sun May 6 20:25:30 UTC 2007

> There might be a slight difference in the way that I ran my distro, I didn't
> use a login manager such as GDM or KDM when booting into X.
>
> Most of the time when I needed to switch over to the TV-Output I would
> change the "Screen" directive under "ServerLayout" to "TV"
> instead of "LCD" and restart the X Server.

Ah, the real problem might be that my xorg.conf file is incorrect, and
even though I have those tv option entries in there, the X server
ignores them when it starts up.

The vertical & horizontal settings were probably right, originally
(though I can't confirm it from Sharp's official docs, the 60 for
vertical refresh is the NTSC standard, and the 30-40 range for
horizontal looks correct as well).

So from what I can tell, it's probably a parameter I need to pass to
startx or Xorg to tell it to use "TV Screen" or something like that.