[mythtv-users] TV Screen Scrambled

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun May 6 14:07:24 UTC 2007

On 06/05/07, Alan Calvert <cal at graggrag.com> wrote:

> Cool, thanks Nick, appreciate your input. You've led me to learn a little about display
> resolutions (<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution>). With my saa7134,
> 480x576 produced the famous "blank screen on Live TV", while a PVR-150 coped just fine.

With the PVR-150, there was/still is an issue with using non-720
captures in MythTV. I saw reduced picture quality in the old ivtv
driver when using a 640x480 resolution which cleared up when moving
back to 720x576.

> With the saa7134, various other settings that seemed potentially reasonable produced a
> thoroughly scrambled screen, similar to the OP's report. He's using a different card of
> course, but for me, 720x576 eventually sorted it nicely.

> cheers, and thanks.
> Cal
>
> 4870...? 480.

Should definitely be 480x576 for PAL SVCD. Sorry for the typo - it was
late... :)

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: