Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat May 5 21:58:23 UTC 2007

> BUT the lines in the lircrc file are right or NOT???:

>> Odd - those lines look right. Maybe the file's corrupted or something?
>> You did create it using just a plain text editor did you?
>>
>> Yes I used kwrite in unix mode to write this file.
>> I used fromdos to write a new file. But without effect.
>>
>> Daniel
>

> Which program outputs the error messages you describe above? The format of
> the messages does not look like Mythtv. When I try a deliberately faulty
> lircrc file I get the following:
>
> mythtv: unknown token "asass" in /home/g8ecj/.mythtv/lircrc:5 ignored
> mythtv: unknown token "2333" in /home/g8ecj/.mythtv/lircrc:6 ignored
>
> The only way I can get the errors you describe is by running the lircrc
> file as a bash script. Why are you executing a configuration file?
>
> Hello Robin,
>
> I use for "debug" under debian gnome a terminal console and start there as
> a mythtv user
> mythfrontend and the output of my terminal is:
>
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc: line 363: repeat: command not found
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc: line 364: config: command not found
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc: line 365: end: command not found
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc: line 368: begin: command not found
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc: line 369: prog: command not found
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc: line 370: button: command not found
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc: line 371: repeat: command not found
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc: line 372: config: command not found
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc: line 373: end: command not found
>
> Sorry but I think I donīt get it:
> The only way I can get the errors you describe is by running the lircrc
> file as a bash script. ????
> What do you mean: I run lircrc as a lircrc.sh file?
>
> Why are you executing a configuration file?
> I hope I donīt missunderstand you:
> I configure in mythtv that mythtv should use the lircrc file which I build
> with kwrite and the unix mode under /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc

If there are no errors in the lircrc file then you should see something
like the following in the terminal output when you start mythfrontend from
a terminal:

2007-05-06 09:51:47.202 lirc init success using configuration file:
/home/g8ecj/.mythtv/lircrc

If there is an error in the lircrc file then the eror will look like this:

mythtv: unknown token "asass" in /home/g8ecj/.mythtv/lircrc:5 ignored

There is just _NO WAY_ that the error you are seeing is generated by
MythTV - and as I said before, the _ONLY_ way to generate the errors is by
running the lircrc file. I really don't understand what it is you are
doing - perhaps you start mythfrontend from a script that tries to execute
the lircrc file instead of passing it to mythfrontend as a parameter?

It sure beats me...

--
Robin Gilks