[mythtv-users] MythWeather on crack and Invisible Menu Navigation

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Sat May 5 21:17:46 UTC 2007

On 5/5/07, Reza Naima <reza at reza.net> wrote:
> I've setup a new box to run mythfrontend, and I've got two problems.
>
> MythWeather has worked without fault for the longest time -- now it
> seems to be on crack.  Every time I start mythfrontend and then go to
> mythweather, it'll have the teme up but junk will be in place of the
> data.  It seems to be bits of code that end up there, like "Object()"
> will show up all over or something like that.  Has tha that happened to
> anyone?
I have noticed this on my current machine and myth 0.20 from the
packman repos on suse 10.2.  The machine is a dual core Athlon 64 X2
3800+ with a gig of ram.

> Also, I'm running it on a beefy machine, but the menu navigation seems
> wacked.  Some menu transitions seem very very slow, and soemtimes when
> you go back a menu, you are presented with a blank screen and you have
> to hit the up or down button to redraw.  Has anyone experienced this?
I might have noticed this when I tried to use one of the wide displays.

> Finally, this is very odd, but my dmesg on the box will show that I've
> got a 2G dual core with 8000+ bogomips, but cat /proc/cpuinfo shows two
> 1000.0G cores with about 4000+ bogomips.  What gives?

I don't know about this one, my machines work fine.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at