[mythtv-users] Using same database with trunk and release

mythtv-users mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Fri May 4 22:25:13 UTC 2007

> If I have a database that was created and used with the latest trunk
> builds,
> any thoughts on how well it would work if I tried to use the release
> version
> of myth with it?

Not very well i would have thought, as the latest trunk builds are a later
version the schema will very likely have been changed and there is AFAIR
no provision made for reverting to an earlier version[1].

druid

[1] There may be a way within mysql[2] to regress to a previous schema but
even if there was that assumes you started from the release in the first
place.
[2] I have no idea, I just know there is loads more to mysql than I've
ever used!