[mythtv-users] Video insertion question

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri May 4 20:12:59 UTC 2007

On May 4, 2007, at 12:58 PM, Rich West wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> On May 4, 2007, at 12:18 PM, Rich West wrote:
>>

>>> I have a simple question (I think), and I don't know if there is a
>>> "proper" method here...
>>>
>>> I've inserted a bunch of shows from some season-dvd's we have,
>>> breaking
>>> them up in to their individual (in order) episodes.  Right now, I've
>>> been putting them within MythVideo, but it really makes the "Video
>>> Manager" look like a total disaster, not to mention that it takes
>>> quite
>>> a long time to browse through the "Video Manager" to get to a
>>> show and
>>> add an image (or something).
>>>

>> You might be better off organizing your videos into folders. TV
>> Show>Episode or even TV Show>Season>Episode. Then you can enable
>> directory browsing in MythVideo and your top level will be much
>> easier to navigate.
>
> Actually, I left off the part that I do that already. :)  We've got
> the
> Video area pretty well broken up in to genres (with one large group
> for
> "Kids").
>
> When I referred to the "Video Manager", I mean the one under
> "Utilities/Setup" -> "Video Manager", which brings up a list of the
> videos on the system, allowing you to change the metadata, icons, etc.
>
> -Rich

Oh, gotcha. I don't know if I would consider a long list of video
titles a "total disaster" worth spending much time organizing into
some tree-style structure or anything. Clearly none of the developers
have an issue with it either or there would already be a way to more
easily navigate the screen. :)