[mythtv-users] mythstreamtv doesn't work, but vlc does help please.

Gregg 3gemail at gmail.com
Thu May 3 22:31:51 UTC 2007

I have installed Mythstreamtv, but when I try to stream I get and error....
[00000292] stream_out_transcode private error: cannot find encoder
[00000292] stream_out_transcode private error: cannot create audio chain

If I run the command in a terminal
/usr/bin/vlc  "/vidoe/recordings/filename" --sout
it streams just fine.  So I am thinking there is a permission problem
somewhere.  Is there a way to log all activity on the web server to
see if there are any problems with the permissions.  Mythstreamtv is
assigned to mythtv:mythtv.